Nadia Narain is teaching yoga for almost 20 years. She is a well renowned yoga teacher at TriYoga London. Enjoy this short interview and get some great inspiration, as well as simple tipps, about teaching yoga and living a healthy life.
1. Nadia, you teach yoga since 1996. What’s your best advice for new teachers?
Never think of it as a job. i never thought to teach yoga to earn a living , i just loved it and the rest came. Sometimes its good to have a job and teach yoga! Also try and live what you teach!
2. Do you prepare classes in detail, or do you prefer to teach intuitively?
I teach very intuitively.I try and plan but it never goes to plan. For retreats and workshops i try and plan a bit better.
3. Any kind of rituals you can’t go without in a day?
Meditation , my cup of tea, and a walk in the park!
4. How does a perfect day look like for you?
I have so many variations of a perfect day . Its one where i feel connected and it flows. It doesnt always matter what im doing , its how i feel doing it . I love a perfect day ! today was a pretty close to perfect one!
5. Have you got a favorite recipe, for a meal or a smoothie, that you would like to share?I love simple food at home and healthy. Brown rice and some vegetables with a miso soya dressing ! Cook brown rice and either stir fry veg or blanche some broccoli and roast sweet potato and roast cauliflower. The dressing is super simple, white miso, olive oil, a bit of tamari and some mirin.I’m from Hong Kong so no matter what i cook it also ends up with an asian twist!